Thursday, October 6, 2016

Spoofing Emails

Since I have gotten my configuration file set up and have successfully ran my href replacer it is now time to attempt to hook these up with the SimpleEmailSpoofer. I started my importing my own fields from my configuration file or by passing them directly to the spoofer class. I then proceeded to weed out the unnecessary fields that the original class offered. Next I reworked how the actual message was created due to both the difference in storing/generating information and the removal of some fields. Finally I was able to wrap it all up nicely within one method, that would be able to be called from a controller, requiring only a passed email and receiving email address to send a spoofed email. after fixing a few bugs I was able to successfully able to send a spoofed email such as the following.


I tested out a few emails and saw that while a few of the emails went to the inbox of the receiver (which was me) a few ended up getting flagged by gmail's automatic spam filter and ended up in my spam folder instead. This will require further testing to make sure this would not happen during an actual experiment.

Within this next week I hope to get together with my partner so that we can make a joint controller class and successfully hook up all of our code we have been working on for the past month. This will allow us to read "target" data from a csv file similar to the one that will be similar to the one we are going to use later in the experiment, generate the unique emails for each "target", and then send the email from a spoofed address.

No comments:

Post a Comment