Saturday, May 2, 2015

Almost Done

I have finished creating my fourth AI for my Pokemon simulation. After getting the logic created and spending the last couple of days coding. I still need to do quite a bit of testing with this code, as there a lot of possibilities that can alter the AI's strategy. While I believe this code will work as I believed, I was not able to fully incorporate the probabilistic reasoning based upon unknown data for the opposing moves and reserved Pokemon. However, the AI can make good assumptions about surviving for defensive switching. I will continue to work on this over the next several days, and try to improve the reasoning based upon incomplete data.

CoffeeScript has still been giving me a few problems, but I'm starting to understand it pretty well. I still find several parts of it annoying, particularly parentheses of functions, and would probably not choose to use it over other languages. It seems strange because when a function is called with no arguments, the parentheses are required, but this is not the case if you send at leas one argument. It is nice to see the minimalist style, however, and it makes me curious to see how other languages may deal with these issues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment