Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Starting Over

I have been working on my quadcopter for a while now, but I have yet to get it flying off the ground. I'm not sure what is causing my problem, but I know that I will likely not have time to finish it and develop AI software for it within the end of the semester. As such I have decided to start over with a new project. For this new project I have decided to create an AI to play one of my favorite games growing up, Pokemon.

 I initially planned to create an AI which would work with an emulator. When researching how others have developed programs which work with game boy emulators, I saw many of them used some form of reverse engineering which is beyond my current skill set. Luckily, I was able to find a simulator on git hub that was made using coffee script. This project is a simulator that runs solely off of command line, compared to a graphical interface. This should make testing the project much easier.

https://github.com/fonse/pokemon-battle

While this project does include an AI, I plan to build off this to create an AI that will using probabilistic reasoning to predict its opponents move. It will then choose a move off of this prediction, whether to attack the opponent or switch to another Pokemon for a defensive purpose. I'm hoping to create an AI that will be able to win consistently against the current AI, regardless of which Pokemon are chosen to fight. In addition I hope to include human functionality and have the AI perform relatively well against the human. I'm just beginning on this project but am excited to work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment